Friday, November 30, 2007

Hell Hath reached 0 deg C -- NEWS FLASH!

As of 1600 yesterday, I finished my MS3! I am done with her, and she, me. Sadly, right now, she looks like a limp, pink, bead-studded blob. But as soon as I get my blocking wires, I will get 'er all stretched out the way she is supposed to be! I dragged that poor stole all the way home over the Thanksgiving holiday so I could work on it ... yeah, right, like that was going to happen. But still, my heart was in the right place.


Instead of working on my stole, I dragged my mom to The Knitters Mercantile. OH.MY.GOD. It was everything that I imagined, and MORE. I knew that they were the ones behind the Knitters Connection 2007 that was held in Columbus last June, so I had the feeling that they were no slacker store -- but wow, I was just awed. The nicest lady came up to ask if I needed help with anything, and I honestly told her that when I found my words again, I am sure I would have some questions for her. I was speechless. Now, this could be due to the fact that here, in Flatlandia, my main LYS does not have that warm and fuzzy feeling. And the selection, well it is just too hard to find anything. KM actually had Tilli Thomas hanging out that you could touch, and cuddle. I had never seen this yarn in real life. It's like looking at the Koala bear through the glass, compared to actually holding the bear in your arms.

yes. I bought yarn. A good haul too, if you ask me. It is all for the projects to come for the rest of this winter. For now though, to celebrate my project monogamy, I am going to reward myself with a beautiful, mind freeing project; Brooklyntweed's Noro Striped Scarf. I procured some Noro Silk Garden from Little Knits sale a few weeks ago, and I think that the color combination will be fab.


Oops! Oh craptastic ... I forgot to re-orient that photo. Considering how long it took to upload, I guess that is just the way it is going to stay.

2 balls #249 (main background color)
1 ball #246
1 ball #245

I hope that everyone had a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday; I am still coasting from the calories I consumed that night. Now that I am freed from the weight of lace (arrrr arrrr lace weight) I hope to be posting a LOT more often.