Monday, October 13, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Okay ... this is a short little rant today. It is just that, something struck me today whilst I flipped through one of my catalogs.

Okay, are we familiar with the wonderful Fleece Couch Sack apparel? You know, it's basically a sleeping bag with sleeves and feet holes. Hey, I am not knockin' them, because I have TWO. Long story as to why I have two (a gift and a re-gift), but let me tell you, I LIVED in this Couch Sack during the winter months of my pregnancies. At 9 months pregnant, it was all I felt I could fit into on some days. I actually started to wish that they made them in fancy fabrics that one could say, go out to dinner in. Sew a little fake pearl strand on the collar, add perhaps a printed faux belt or a Velcro-on skirt? ANYHOOOO, back to my rant. As I was leafing through my catalog, I saw that they had some of these Couch Sacks (NO I am not purchasing another one!) and they had them described as follows ...

Fleece Couch Sack ... stretchy cuffs at wrists and ankles make this warm, wearable fleece blanket a snuggle suit perfect for chilly evenings, One piece, zip front -- Generous Fit.

Generous Fit.

Generous Fit ... (?) (!)

Isn't it obvious that this sleeping bag with arm and foot holes would be a generous fit? Perhaps also, the words COUCH or WEARABLE BLANKET would make you think that it is generously sized?

Excuse me, BUT it's a FREAKING SACK for God's sake! You'd kind of expect a Body Sack to be a bit beyond Relaxed Fit, wouldn't you.

Take the word sack -- do YOU think of something that is form fitted? Seriously, how often do you find yourself nudging your buddy and whispering ... "that slut, did you see her wearing that CFM sack dress?". Or, how about "Wow Henrietta! That sack really hugs your curves and shows off how much you have been working out!" No, it usually like this "I feel like a bloated whale today, so I am going to put on my bloated whale sack pants...".

Oh I am SO GLAD I read the WHOLE description because (phew!) because I want my Fleece Couch-sized Sack to be Fitted!

Which brings me to another pondering ... now that we have quantified the upper limit of Generous Fit, there must be something larger ... is the next step up Tent Fit? Tent Fit for those with an inverted triangle shape? And then what is up from there? Infinite Fit? Hmmm, I guess Infinite Fit would be going naked.

sorry.

Had to share.

It is getting cold outside ... I will be crawling into my generously sized fleece sack soon. Pictures will be posted.