Monday, December 24, 2007

Oh Holy Night ...

I was just outside putting the last of the food (that will not fit in the refrigerator) into the car to keep it cold over night. Thank goodness we have a cold Christmas this year. Thank goodness for a lot of things, actually. It was so shockingly cold outside tonight. As I stood in the dark, it struck me how awesomely silent it was. It was so quiet that the inside of my ears felt heavy. As my warm breath rose up towards the sky, I lifted my gaze up to the amazingly bright, full moon, flanked closely by Mars -- Mars in Opposition the sun. Last night when we were driving home, the full moon rising looked like a giant cookie coming up over the horizon. NO kidding! Big C was so enamoured with it, and it's bright light, that he sang to the moon the whole way home.

We took a drive tonight, to go around "lights lookin'". The boys LOVED it. Big C just gasped, and sat wide eyed in his seat. Little M seemed uninterested until i removed his hood which was shielding his eyes. He gazed out the window and his eyes went large. He looked at me for reassurance for this beauty that he was seeing, and when I said "look honey, look at the pretty lights" he squealed and laughed with such pure joy that it brought tears to my eyes. His reaction was SO pure, SO beautiful; such astounding expressiveness for a baby of only 9 months.

Everyone is in bed now, the toys are all arranged with care. I got my mom to go to bed and to stop tidying up the room and folding bags, and moving furniture, and wrapping gifts in the living room RIGHT OUTSIDE OF THE BOYS ROOM, and banging around and making SO.MUCH.F'ing.NOISE.

I am not a super duper religious person, but the feeling I had tonight was unearthly.Godly if you will.
Peace, Love, Harmony be with you all on this most beautiful of nights.