Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year, new post.

The New Year brought along with it, new illnesses. Yup, both boys caught the creeping crud. How they got it I will never know. Up until a few minutes ago, my laundry room still had the faint odor of baby vomit, so I had to drop everything and get the mounds of "illness laundry" pushing through. Thank goodness the boys are asleep, for now I will have a little bit of time to try to figure out what to post. I hate to say it, but I am starting to feel a little ill ... but I am going to try to "mom my way through it" and perhaps the germs will just give up and go try to find a foot hold elsewhere?

I have not been completely idle since my last post. After much agitation, and studying PGR's Simple Socks, and Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks , I embarked on my own toe-up pattern. What would make me take on such a daunting task, you ask?

My precioussssssssssss...

I had only two, 109 yd balls, so I wanted to use every.single.inch of this gorgeous stuff. This is why I opted for the toe-up variety of sock. I am creeping up on the half way mark for sock #2. This yarn? Diakeito MSE Diamusee. It is Simply Delicious. I cannot get enough of watching those colors change! It is so soft, and squishy, and the thing that keeps surprising me is how clean it is! I knit with Noro a LOT, and I am so used to having to stop and remove debris - not with this, baby! I also love how the color bands are not predictable - so much for trying to make identical striped socks! Honestly though, the striping is "random" enough that the different-ness does not bother me one bit! I actually prefer it with this yarn.

OH! OH! And don't let me forget! I signed up for Ravelry's Cup o' Tea holiday Tea Swap! I have no photos of my Tea Swap Loot, simply because I immediately dove into the tea box, and I had to put away the beautiful yarn because Big C kept wanting to drive his Matchbox cars in it "Drive car in mommy yarn garage?" Yes, he kept forcing the car into the skein calling it a "yarn garage" -

My swap partner wrote me and said that there is more coming too! Can you believe it? What a sweetie! I almost had to do an installment mailing as well, as it was taking forever for me to find the goodies to send my partner, but, as luck would have it, I found everything the Friday before Christmas, and got it out the door by the 22nd. Now, this parcel was going international, over the holidays, so who knows WHEN it will get to it's destination! I just hope she likes it when it arrives!

The washer just stopped, I need to move the washed load on to the dryer and get the next (4) loads going so I can sit and rest for at least half an hour before Thing 1 and Thing 2 get up. :)