Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No thanks...

Sorry, still no pics, as we are still in the midst of a data transition...

We have been sick in Chet Skeinsville for what seems like an ETERNITY. I feel like all I have done this whole winter season is wipe snot! And it never seems as though it is going to stop! OH! And to top of my pissy mood? IF I HAVE ONE MORE F'ING TISSUE GO THROUGH THE WASH, I AM GOING TO LOOSE MY F'ING MIND!
I had a pocket full of tissues go through the washer AND the dryer, on a dark load ... i cannot even START to tell you how bad I freaked out about it. I am still mad about it.


As E.B. put it : "I have been prostrated by the agony of the damned..."
Deadwood anyone? I have been watching it A LOT lately.

I have too many irons in the fire. I have some Etsy plans that need to start rolling,
I still have two more baby gifts to start, and I am trying to wrap up the Never Ending Baby Outfit.
I have been torn lately on what to do with the other 2 items I am planning to make.
The person I am making the Never Ending Baby Outfit for is a new good friend of mine. She always LOVED the little outfit Big Boy used to wear, and I vowed to myself that I would make her one if she ever had another baby. My reasoning was this ... it is not that often that you find someone who REALLY appreciates, and ENJOYS hand made gifts.
I have not written about my recent knitting projects because my yarny foundation
has unraveled a little over the past few months.

I wanted to make 2 more little baby gifts for friends of mine that I have had for YEARS. The problem is this ... That beautiful BSJ i made for my cousin's baby? Never heard ONE WORD about it after I gave it to them.
It is one thing to hand a gift directly to a person, and have them thank you right there on the spot. But this gift was left with his parents to pass on to him. I know the gift was transferred to them too, because I asked his folks :).
I have heard nuthin'. Nada. If they didn't like it, fine, they didn't have to say "it is hard to say thanks because we hated the colors". A simple thank you would have been nice.
I have had this happen TWICE this year.


I don't think that my knitted gifts are so wonderful that they have to be put up on a pedestal,
under spotlights and glass.
I also don't make these things and then set back and wait for the accolades to pour in. No, I make these gifts because I feel as though the stitches I form are bound together by love. So much of me goes into the items I make and give away!

The things that I make, I feel, hug that baby with the warmth and love I feel for that child. I constantly find myself let down because I would think that another person could at least see the specialness in what was made for them. This is why I am now trying to decide whether I should even "waste my time" on the two other gifts.
I am tired of getting my feelings hurt.
Sometimes I think that people have become so accustomed to getting
cookie-cutter-made-in-China-pieces-of-crap, that they don't really know HOW to receive something that they can't take back if they don't like it. I would have thought that I would at least get a "Thank You" via his parents had my cousin said "wow, that is nice she made this for us!"


I don't know what to do. I love making the baby things for those special little people, and this alone tells me that I should just go ahead and make the little things. But I get SO ATTACHED to what I make, and to the WHY I am making it, then my stinkin' feelings get hurt when I that little gem goes unappreciated. I wish I could just let the item go, and say "here's your gift ... DONE! Start next item in the queue, and I am gonna make something FOR ME this time!".