Monday, May 19, 2008

Are YOU Abilified?

All I can say is WOW.

I saw their May 9th interview on the Today Show, and let me tell ya, the oldest child, looked a little shocked (gobsmacked, perhaps?) by the announcement.

oh, and one more thing ...
have you seen the commercial for the new drug Abilify?

Abilify? Abilify? REALLY? Are you kidding me? Is that the best they can do?
In my mind (and the amusement park that it is) I think the commercial for this drug should go something like this:

Voiceover: "do you find your daily tasks difficult to do because your pesky bi-polar self gets in the way?"

Scene cuts to a lady pacing the floor of an empty living room, having an animated, hand-waving conversation with the three other people in her head. She stops, looks at the camera, and suddenly smiles, as if she has an idea....

voice-over: Abilify can help!

As the voice-over rambles on about how the drug can cause bad breath, loose stools and bulging eyes, the scene cuts to the same lady, out and about shopping, talking on the phone, meeting friends for lunch ... she smiles, and laughingly says,
"Why, I feel so Abilified now! After taking it, Why I have not felt so Abilified in years!"
voice-over: So ask your doctor about what Abilify can do for you!"

same lady on a swing, swatting at invisible bugs says "I've been Abilified, how about you?"
man at a picnic table says "Abilify me!"
lady swinging an ax says "Abilify me!"

WTF? ABILIFY???

Since when do the drug companies get drug name ideas from words that our President probably uses?

"if we send more troops, this will Abilify us to attack the attackers ... "